9 May 2012

30 Day Challenge - Day 2

Day 02. Where you'd like to be in 10 years

10 years, 10 years seem like a really long time, sounds like it too, ten long freaking years. Truth is, sometimes I still feel like 13 years old Shing was only yesterday and all the memories of me skipping class going to the cyber cafĂ© with the best friend comes flowing back, and then 10 years doesn’t feel that long anymore.

So today I’m supposed to talk about where I like to be in 10 years. I’ve been having trouble penning down my thoughts for this because to be honest, even I don’t have a clue. If you haven’t already know, I’m those sort of person that think very far ahead, like, really far ahead. But the fact that I don’t know what is my next step or where I want to be in 10 years kind of just makes me panic and wanna stop thinking about it. 

But okay, for the sake of completing this challenge I shall put aside my procrastination and do some serious thinking. Well, I think in 10 years, I’d like to finally have my own place, if I haven’t done so in the next two years. Career wise, I hope I am already in the media field chasing my dream as a news anchor, well, maybe then you’ll see 33 years old Shing on TV reporting news, how exciting. I hope 33 years old Shing stays as hot, though. ;)

I’d also like to see myself finally meeting someone that makes me happy. Guess I’m those sort of woman that wants stability relationship wise (mentioned it in the previous post, didn’t I?) so I’d like to see myself spending time with this person, maybe staying in on a weekend doing absolutely nothing productive but sit by each other reading a book or playing some monopoly or some sort. You know, the mushy cheesy stuff. Okay spare me, I just finished re-watching titanic so I’m kind of in that lovey dovey mood that thinks life is about spending time with the person you love. Plus, I’m into this sort of things lately.

In 10 years I want to see my parents being healthy as ever, my brother chasing his dream, whatever it may be, and that my grandmother still alive and kicking because seriously, I cannot live a day thinking I’m going to lose that woman.

So yeah, that’s 10 years for me. If you noticed, I focused a lil more on the personal and family bits. That’s my lesson learn and I hope I still remember this 10 years later, that family is always more important than anything else in the world, and no matter how crazy things are, we must always give time to ourselves. Too often we fight too hard, studies getting A’s work getting promotion getting bonuses, we fought so hard we forgot that life is not just about all this but about what we’ve done and what we see when we look back 10 years later. I hate to see myself as that workaholic that worked through my 10 years.

Oh well, it’s late now and work tomorrow. Sorry for the long draggy post and to make it up to you  I'll end this post with an (kind of unseen very exclusive) old picture of mine. Think it's taken in 2005/2006, that's the best I could find.

Super old picture of me no make up no Photoshop lol.
Night my love!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails